I went to a diagnostics session with Liz and Frank on the 1st March to get advice for making my film.
We discussed the types of lenses I could use with the Nikon D800. We agreed to experiment with different lenses for a different look, and agreed upon using a 50mm fixed lens and also possibly a zoom lens.
We talked about looking at things in the locations that I noticed the last time I was there and including them in the film; and also going to the locations without the camera and recording or writing down what I remember about that location, and also possibly asking other people in my family what they felt when they were there too. However, I don't really like this idea, as the film will be about me and Pie.
Liz also suggested more practitioners that could be useful to me, including Davina Kirkpatrick, UWE's Land2 (which focuses on landscape and place-orientated art practice), Chris Marker's "La Jetee" photoessay, Patrick Keiller's "London" and "Robinson in Space", Cordelia Swann, and "Publilc Places, Private Thoughts" on Lux Online.
No comments:
Post a Comment