Wednesday, 24 April 2013

Second Shoot

I undertook my second shoot on the 30th March. I shot footage of the ship in the bottle, the dolphin ornament, the framed portrait, and a bowl of Werther's Originals.


I first reshot the dolphin ornament. Instead of the busy background of my shelf, I placed it on the top of my VCR, as I wanted it to be in a place that would be a believable place to keep it. However, I don't like the background, so I will find a different place to shoot, and I don't think it is a close enough composition.

I also recorded audio for this of my bedroom clock to signify time when it comes to joining the two in editing, however I don't really like it and will replace it with something else. 


I then reshot the ship in the bottle. This is my favourite shot of those I recorded that day, however, the focus is not crisp and the end of the bottle can be seen. I will reshoot this later.

I also tried shooting by pulling the focus at the beginning of the shot, as at that time I though this would be my opening shot. However, because I don't have a focus puller for my lens, the effect was not smooth, and my movement could be seen in the bottle.

I also recorded audio of the living room clock to go with this shot, however, I feel that the audio to match this should be the sound of the sea, which I will capture when I go to Clevedon.


This shot of a bowl of Werther's Originals is something that I only shot once. I like the central composition of the sweets in the frame, the way they glint, and the blurry detail of the glass bowl I put them in. This was shot with a 50mm lens, and I liked it so much I didn't want to reshoot with the macro. I also like how the focus is on the body of the sweets, and the twisty ends of the wrapper are for the most part out of focus. I didn't record any audio to accompany this, in hindsight it would've been good to record the unwrapping of some sweets to create an atmospheric audio.


This is my favourite shot of multiples that I shot of the framed picture on the mantlepiece. I like the focus on Pie's face and feel that by filming at more of an angle as suggested at the interim deadline, I have helped create a shallower depth of field. I also prefer this height that I filmed at as it is on a level with the mantlepiece. 

All these other shots of the framed portrait I don't like because I don't feel like I utilised the space well. I don't like the angles that I shot at as I find them distracting and not visually pleasing. Besides this, the background on the mantlepiece is cluttered, and it is distracting.

I also recorded audio of the clock to go with this clip in the film, as the ticking of the clock denotes the passing of time, and I find that this audio is particularly effective with this clip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment