Monday, 29 April 2013

Feedback on Narrative and Storyboard

I emailed by storyboard and narrative to Liz for her to check over before I recorded the narrative:

Hi Liz,

I've included my narrative and also a storyboard per-say featuring screencaps of the clips, what atmos, and what narrative will be accompanying it, for you to look over. The track which I'm thinking of having over the end titles is something that I listened to on the day he died and thought it was mournful but also uplifting in a way. Here's the URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVJnQ7T1TJc 

Lorna


She replied with:

Hi Lorna 

Sorry not to get back till now as ive been busy filming in Spain. Just heard this soundtrack and think its lovely and fitting for your grandfather as it is nautical in its theme.. its also quite Scottish which could be misleading (in that hes not Scots).. I think it could work though, lets see nearer the time. Now I'm going to look at the storyboard etc you sent me, will send an email anon.

Liz

And then:

Hi Lorna 

That is lovely.. it made me cry!! (seriously).  You have a done a good job on this and I can see it will work as you have it. Only  a few suggestions...

DSLR*- change to camera as its less technical and more people will relate to camera.

Do you have any other alternatives to the coffee cup? Its ok and not a problem to use, I was just wondering if you had an alternative shot that was less literal?

Otherwise, its lovely and I think its important it remains YOUR vision and personal piece.

Well done and see you next week.

Liz 


I'm glad that Liz likes it because I didn't know what else to write really and how I could link it to my footage if she did not feel that it worked.  

*I had changed it to camera when recording, which is why my narrative in this post reflects that

No comments:

Post a Comment