This is my favourite shot of the pier that I recorded that day. I used a 50mm lens for this in order to get a closer crop and therefore a better composition. There is a bit of an issue with tripod shake in the footage, but this is the best shot I have, so I will have to edit it carefully in Premiere Pro. There is movement in the shot of people on the pier and the waves of the sea, although it is very subtle.
These are the other shots that I got of the pier. The first two, using a 35mm lens, are too distant in composition. The third one is out of focus, and the last one is good other than the group of people who decided to hang out on the beach in my shot.
I also recorded audio of the waves coming in, as any audio recorded from where I shot would be of traffic and people talking, as I filmed on the main road. I took around five recordings, and got some good audio of the waves coming in, despite that it was quite windy at times.
We then went to Tiffin tea shop across the road, which is where we went on the day we came to Clevedon with Pie. On that day, me and mum ordered a latte, and even though Pie loved a cup of tea, he ordered a latte too, I think because it sounded posh. We didn't film inside because we didn't know if it was allowed, I would need my tripod which when set up in a busy tea shop could be a health and safety hazard, other customers might interfere, and also, the lighting would not be so great, so we filmed outside instead. Because of this, I couldn't take an audio recording, so when I got home I recorded the noises made when I made a cup of coffee, to give this shot some atmospheric audio when editing. I think this is the best shot: the composition is nice and at a close crop (I used a 50mm lens), however I would prefer if the focus was more on the contents of the cup, but parts of it are in focus, and I kind of like this obscure focus.
These other shots of the coffee cup are not focused correctly (although they look okay in this smaller size), as the focus lays mostly on the handle of the cup.










No comments:
Post a Comment