Tuesday, 30 April 2013

First Cut Feedback/One to One #5

I showed Liz the first cut of the film today. I already knew I had to improve on the pacing, as I felt it was too fast.

Liz said that the visuals were fine, but they have to be longer, which is something I already anticipated. However, she said the sound needed work.

  • The narrative needed to be rerecorded as she felt that it had no emotion and it was like I was just reading it out. I explained that I intended it to be almost "chatty" due to directing it towards him (using words like "you" and "we", etc), but she believes I need to rerecord it in a slower pace as if I am speaking to him. Liz says it's not a bother if I can't get rerecord, but if this were my third year project I would have to.
  • The atmospheric audio tracks are too quiet and need to be louder. I can correct this in a music program called Audacity. I also need to speak to the media centre about fading the audio in and out at the beginning and end of each cut, as the blunt cut can be quite harsh. I also need to "bridge the edit" - blending the atmos tracks together to smoothly transition.
Overall, the visuals are good but need to be longer, and the audio needs a bit of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment