Friday, 26 April 2013

Fourth Shoot

On my last shoot, I mostly reshot some of the stuff around the house that I wasn't pleased with, and shot some new stuff too.


For the reshooting of the ornament, I placed it on a surface near a window to eliminate a busy background, and used the macro lens to get a closer composition. I like the off-centre position of the ornament in the frame as I like the use of negative space, and I feel like the focus is good too. I prefer this to the shots of it on the shelf or in my room, as the plain background allows the viewer to focus on the ornament.

These are the other shots I captured for the ornament. The first few don't have the best composition or focus. I do like the last one, but felt that the whole ornament had to be shown.


I feel that this shot of Cadbury Eclairs is the best composition and focus. I shot on almost on a level with the table top and like the way the foreground is blurred with the depth of field. I shot some other footage of the sweets with varying exposures and focus but feel this is the best one.

These are the other shots I filmed of the sweets. One of them is overexposed, while the others aren't focused as well as my chosen shot. I didn't record any audio for this shot, and in hindsight could have had the rustling of sweet papers as the atmospheric audio for this shot.


I think this is the best shot that I recorded of the postcard. It obscures my address through the composition in the frame and by the depth of field. The focus on the words "Love, Pie" is the most important part of the shot. I placed the postcard at a diagonal (with the corner pointing towards the camera) as I feel it is more of a dynamic composition. 

I don't like these shots as I feel that the compositions are bland and the focus on some is not crisp enough. In some shots my address is visible, which is not something that I want to be viewed. I also do not like some of the angles that I recorded at, as they are not looking straight down on the postcard and I feel that they look a bit distorted.


For this shot of the ship in a bottle, I used a macro lens and moved the bottle so it was on a surface near a green wall, which I feel is a better background than the wood from the previous shots. I like this shot as the composition illuminates the glare from the bottle, and the close crop focuses on the mast at the front of the ship and some of the water beneath it.


These are the alternative shots I captured for the bottle. The focuses aren't very good and there is too much glare on the bottle, which in my eyes leaves them unusable. The compositions aren't very good either, as there is some distortion from the position of the bottle and therefore glare too.


This shot of the bench I reshot in order to correct the focus. In the previous shot, it was focused on the further side of the bench, so in this shot I adjusted it so it would focus on the closer side. I like this shot as the focus is clear and crisp on the nearer side. This shot also evokes feelings of loss due to the seat being empty.


This shot of the birdbath was reshot from a angle in order to make the most of the depth of field. There is some movement in the shot due to it being a windy day, however I couldn't get audio to match the shot due to the wind and the neighbours children deciding to play in the garden as I was filming! I have got some audio of birdsong from the garden which I will use over this and the shot of the bench.

These are the other shots I captured. The composition is the same as the chosen one, the only variable is exposure. I chose my favourite due to it being the shot with the best exposure.


This is my favourite shot of the Coppit boardgame. I think the exposure is correct and I like the composition. The board fills the frame with some counters in the background, although the focus is on the white counter and the dice. I didn't think of then when composing the frame, but the number on the dice facing the camera is two, which in hindsight represents me and Pie.

I don't like these three shots as the focus is not as clear as my chosen footage. Also, the exposures are not perfect. I recorded some audio of the dice rattling in the container, it being rolled, and the counters moving across the board as the atmospheric audio for this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment