Tuesday, 23 April 2013

One to One #3

On the 21st March, I had a one to one with Liz.

I had gone through a few baby pictures and photos of my early childhood looking for some with my granddad that I could possibly put in my film. She agreed that they show how good our relationship was and how much he cared for me. On that note, we discussed possibly recording audio that matches up with some of the photos - for example, in one image of us playing with hosepipes, there could be an audio track of the hoses. I also spoke about how he would give me some of his old cameras, especially when I started my Foundation Degree in Swindon, and we discussed filming these.

We talked about me filming over the Bank Holiday weekend, and spoke about using the Tascam, as I have not had much practise with it except in the session I went to in the autumn/winter semester. Liz said that I would need overhead headphones, and a windsock to cover the microphones, especially when recording outside as it eliminates the harsh noises of the wind. She also reminded me to check the white balance on the camera.

At this point, I felt comfortable with using the equipment for filming, I just had to wait until the following week before I could record and film.

No comments:

Post a Comment